Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) has been established as a research observatory of the entrepreneur phenomenon with an international calling ever since it began. Its objective is to reflect entrepreneur activity and any factors related to it with global, national, regional and local reports thanks to the participation of the researchers involved in it. Since 1999 the GEM report presents other reports with evolution prospects about:
- Entrepreneur values, perceptions and aptitudes of the working population
- Entrepreneur activity and its characteristics
- Context in which the entrepreneur process is followed
In Spain the project is undertaken through a Network of Regions formed by different research groups that prepare specific reports about entrepreneur activity in their surrounding area. In the present edition, the Spanish network is made up of 100 researchers, 19 universities, 90 institutions, the Santander International Entrepreneurship Centre (CISE, in Spanish) and Banco Santander.
In the Valencian Community, the project is led by José María Gómez Gras, the Report’s Director and a Professor of Business Organisation at the Universidad Miguel Hernández de Elche (UMH), who will present the entrepreneur activity performed regionally on 15 January at 12:30h in the Rectorate Building’s Press Room of the hall Universitat Jaume I in Castellón.
A free event open to everyone that pays special attention to the local agents working in entrepreneurship matters and creating job posts, and also to entrepreneurs and businesspeople in the province of Castellón. For organisation reasons, it is necessary to fill in this REGISTRATION FORM
Schedule of the event
12:30–12:45h Presentation of the Event
- David Cabedo, Academic Director of Espaitec
- Francisco Álvarez, General Manager of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Cooperativism of the Generalitat Valenciana
- Justo Vellón, General Manager of CEEI Castellón.Ignacio Mira, Executive Manager of the Valencian Community GEM Project
12:45–13:30h Presentation of the Valencian Community GEM Report
- José María Gómez Gras, the Report’s Director and a Professor of Business Organisation at the Universidad Miguel Hernández de Elche (UMH)
- Ignacio Mira, Executive Manager of the Valencian Community GEM Project
13:30–13:50h Questions and Closure